Saturday, April 28, 2007

Robins


Good morning! Outside the green on the trees and ground is starting to emerge as temperatures rise. One common sight we associated with spring is the robin pulling up a worm. The robin is our state bird, so let me tell you little bit about it:

*Robins have a long life span. Some have been reported living up to 17 years!

*Robins weigh about 2.5 to 3 ounces.

*Their wingspan measures 14.74 to 16.5 inches wide.

*It is also the state bird for Michigan and Connecticut.

*Flight speed is 17 to 32 mph.

*Number of feather is about 2,900.

Go learn some more about our state bird! Enjoy spring.

-Bess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Bear Lodge

St. Germain, Wisconsin's premier resort destination...where family traditions begin!

1330 Halberstadt Road, St. Germain, WI 54558, 800-563-4340
Web Site, Email

S N O W M O B I L E * T R A I L * C O N D I T I O N S